Yomi: Round 1 - Ding & Dent
Yomi is a fighting game in card form in which physical dexterity is replaced by hand management skills. Just like in a fighting game, you have to know your character, know the matchup, and know your opponent. Each character has a deck that follows the same conventions as a deck of playing cards. This makes it easy to learn the contents of your deck: numbered cards are normal moves, face cards are special moves, and aces are super moves.
Yomi: Round 1 is a standalone item that contains four characters (out of twenty) for the second edition of Yomi. With these characters, you can compete in 1v1, 2v2, 2v1, and solo modes, with each player in the game needing one character deck. The character decks in Yomi: Round 1 can also be played against those in Yomi: Round 2 or any of the individual character decks that comprise the second edition of Yomi. As for the characters, they are:
- Versatile and powerful, including one of the most powerful super moves in the game.
- If you can read the opponent well, you'll get more Dragonheart attacks than usual.
- Jaina can attack a lot and buyback her attacks by paying life.
- She can take risks with Unstable Power in order to get even more super moves than usual.
- Even her blocked moves deal more damage than other characters'.
- Midori can transform into a green dragon, and then his moves are much more powerful.
- He's a grappler with good defense.
- In Dragon Form, he can block to fetch cards from his discard pile to build a great hand.
- After doing a combo, Setsuki can usually refill her hand.
- Very fast attacks.
- Some ninja tricks to recur certain cards and to escape danger.